New Voices is committed to the health and well-being of Black women, femmes, girls and women-identified folx at the intersection of Reproductive Justice and Black Lives. Together with incredible organizations and leaders, we are organizing the SayHERName March for Justice, this Saturday, June 20, 1-4p!
This rally, march, and healing space is dedicated to Breonna Taylor, Dominique “Rem’mie” Fells and all those who deserve honor and remembrance like 2-year-old Nalani Johnson. We begin at 56th & Chestnut and march to Malcolm X. Park at 52nd and Pine.
OUR MARCH NEEDS YOUR LEADERSHIP!
We are looking for Community Supporters – organizations, individuals and businesses to:
– Organize 10 people to attend
– Post 2x on your social media platforms tagging @NewVoices4RJ @NewVoicesPhilly and #SayHERNamePhilly
– Email or text your network
We need 2-3 Paid Organizers to:
– Be able to start by Wednesday, June 17 and can be available around the clock through Saturday, June 20
– Support logistics, community outreach and social media
– To provide information and resources to stakeholders who want to engage or support this March
If interested, email resume and 3 references to email@example.com.
We need Volunteers to:
– Support our working groups
– Help us with event logistics including set-up and breakdown
– Keep marchers and participants safe on the route (crowd control, community medic)
– Distribute signs, water, refreshments, masks and sanitizer
– Support vote registration
We need Healers for our Healing Space to:
– Lead an activity
– Provide information and resources
– Offer supports to March participants
We need Social Media Team Member to:
– Spread the word across social media platforms
– Tweet, retweet, share, post and tag daily
– Tag @NewVoicesPhilly on Facebook, @NewVoices4RJ on Instagram and Twitter using hashtags #SayHERNamePhilly #RJ4BlackLives
Sign up using this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScolwIvzYYLdMDE-Yao2QN7TyEED_cxH2nsNZHa0lSG7C_ZCA/viewform