The Student Coalition for Change will be hosting this peaceful protest with the following demands on Temple University:
- Defund the Temple University Police Department.
- End contracts with organizations such as Aramark that support the carceral state and prison industrial complex.
- Immediately hire BIPOC to align with the racial composition of Philadelphia.
- Increase funding towards instructors, increase the amount of tenure-track professors, rehire all faculty, and provide job security for fall of 2020.
- Increase funding for sexual harassment and assault investigations and education.
- Require an additional Race and Diversity GenEd for all university students.
- Eliminate funding on the basis of enrollment and fund decision-making committee of community, students, TU workers to decide other measures of where and how to fund initiatives for community/faculty/student well being
- Increase funding to the College of Liberal arts including the Africology/African American Studies, Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies, Latin American Studies, Asian Studies and Urban Education departments.
- Alter code of conduct to include clear language around hate speech and racial discrimination.
Following a peaceful march through campus in which we will make our voices and demands heard, there will be a teach-in featuring speakers from Critical Resistance and Temple’s student body, faculty, and alumni.